Hindi translator on Blogger

Hello friends! This post is specifically for my friends in India who may have trouble translating my blog posts। There is now a great feature with Blogger that translates English into Hindi! This translation is into the Devanagari typeface, which is a common Hindi print script. I am not sure how this will translate to the 18 different languages of Hindi or to the many more dialects of theses languages, but this is a start. Most of my Indian friends are from Tamil Nadu (Tamil dialect) so they will need to either read Dvanagari or know how to translate. Hopefully this will be useful to others!

To use this Blogger feature, install it into your preferences.

See below for the translation of the paragraph above:

हेल्लो फ्रिएंड्स! थिस पोस्ट इस स्पेसिफिकाल्ली फॉर माय फ्रिएंड्स इन इंडिया व्हो माय हवे त्रौब्ले ट्रांस्लातिंग माय ब्लोग पोस्ट्स. तेरे इस नो अ ग्रेट फेअतुरे विथ ब्लॉगर ठाट ट्रांस्लातेस इंग्लिश इन्तो हिन्दी! थिस ट्रांसलेशन इस इन्तो थे देवनागरी त्य्पेफस, व्हिच इस अ कोम्मों हिन्दी प्रिंट स्क्रिप्ट. इ ऍम नॉट सुर हाउ थिस विल ट्रांस्लाते तो थे १८ दिफ्फेरेंट लंगुअगेस ऑफ़ हिन्दी और तो थे मानी मोरे दिअलेक्ट्स ऑफ़ ठेसेस लंगुअगेस, बुत थिस इस अ स्टार्ट. मोस्ट ऑफ़ माय इंडियन फ्रिएंड्स अरे फ्रॉम तमिल नाडू (तमिल दिअलेक्ट) सो थे विल नीद तो एइठेर रीड द्वानागरी और क्नो हाउ तो ट्रांस्लाते. होपेफुल्ली थिस विल बे उसेफुल तो ओठेर्स!

तो उसे थिस ब्लॉगर फेअतुरे, इंस्टाल आईटी इन्तो यौर प्रेफेरेंसस.

2 comments:

  1. In seeking ways to add translation to Indian languages on my blog, I came across your post, and couldn't help but point out that what you are displaying here is not translation, but merely transcription in Devanagari font! i.e., the script looks like Hindi, but all the words are the exact same ones you've used - it still reads in English!

    I'm puzzled by this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for pointing this out. I don't speak or write Devangari, so your comment is helpful. This seems like a useless tool if it does not actually translate the sentences, but merely transcripts in English. I have added the capability to translate to Tamil on my new blog creativeswells.blogspot.com, so I will see if it actually does so (I do write and speak a little Tamil). Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete